Friday, February 26, 2010

Economic Winter

I'm sitting at the computer looking out the window at the falling snow. Two things come to mind. First, the snow is beautiful to see falling and on the ground. Undisturbed scenes of winter are beautiful but at the same time I'm ready for winter to end. I need warmth and the hope of spring.

Second, I'm reminded of the economic situation. It still looks and feels like winter and we all want it to be over. Is an economic spring time coming soon? I hope so. I'm starting to see more job postings and I feel good that I've been able to apply for a half dozen of them over the past few days. Let's hope I get a reply or two soon.

Michigan is not known for having particularly short winters but this economic winter does not seem to have an end. Many seem to think that the end is in sight but I'm not convinced yet. I may be convinced once I find a job but maybe those who see the end are a bit blinded because they have a job.

Going back to school may help me see the end as well but I really want the job first. I have no wish go into debt at my age and making this winter last into my retirement. Financing more education could do that. I have no wish to dig out from any more debt than I do shovel the piles of snow in front of me.

Spring will be here in a couple of months as far as my view out the window is concerned but when will it arrive for the people of this state and for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment